Support » Plugin: SiteGround Optimizer » SG Optimizer broke our website

  • Resolved dwmarm

    (@dwmarm)


    Hello, I have tried optimization via SG Optimizer and it seemed fine at first but now everything seems broken. The homepage looks ok for the most part except that the menu is not visible. The mobile version of the homepage even looks completely fine including the menu. But as soon as you navigate to any other page, you can see that the whole design is broken. Everything.

    Is there any way to fix this?

    During the optimization process, I have tried the following options prior to realising that the website has become broken:
    – Combine CSS files
    – Preload Combined CSS
    – Combine JavaScript Files
    – Defer Render-blocking JavaScript
    – Minify the HTML Output
    – Web Fonts Optimization

    I have always tried just one at a time to see which options make a difference and have always deactivated them before trying another one. Right now, everything is deactivated, so I don’t know what to do.

    The only thing that is still activated is Dynamic Caching and Automatic Purge. Since I did not activate those myself but a previous project manager did it, I am hesitant to deactivate those.

    Any help would be deeply appreciated!

    The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Plugin Author Elena Chavdarova

    (@elenachavdarova)

    Hello @dwmarm,

    I am sorry to hear you are having such issues with your website.

    I can see that currently Dynamic cache is enabled and there are no issues with the website frontend either on the home page or other pages.

    Such issues are most probably caused by JS script breaking the JavaScript Files Combination. There might be a local browser cache left from the time this option was enabled on the website.

    I suggest you to first clear all your local browser cache and test the case again. Once you are sure the website is loading as expected you can again enable the optimization options one by one. Make sure to clear your browser cache in the meantime or use incognito browser. Problematic JavaScript files can be excluded from combination from the plugin page or via special filter we have created for that propose.

    In case there are any further assistance needed from our end, just specify the exact error/issue you are getting and the setup used. Additionally confirm if we can enable the optimization option to replicate the issue from our end and check the case further.

    Thank you for your cooperation.

    Best Regards,
    Elena

    Thread Starter dwmarm

    (@dwmarm)

    Hi Elena, thanks for your reply. Thanks for looking into the website too. You’re right: it looks fine now because we have fixed the issues one by one. The complete design was messed up (partially white instead of black backgrounds, half of the menu bar was missing etc.). The creators of the website used both the theme Editor (Divi) and the Elementor editor. This, in combination with your plugin, seems to have messed up a lot of stuff.

    You are right that you offer options to exclude problematic JS but unfortunately I am not experienced enough to know which files will be problematic.

    I will not try to reproduce the issue because it took me too long to fix it. For the same reason, I will not use any of the options the plugin offers. Too risky. I had hoped you might respond in time before I can fix it myself so that I can find out what exactly the issue was (thats no criticism! Your reply was very fast indeed). You can close this ticket. Thanks for your support.

    Plugin Author Elena Chavdarova

    (@elenachavdarova)

    Thank you for your update!

    I am glad you managed to fix the issues and your website is fully functional now.

    We are closing the thread as requested.

    Best Regards,
    Elena

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.