I’m a complete noob and I know very little about php and especially json. However, I’m looking to create a very basic plugin that’s supposed to do this:
- Import facebook status (and only status, not links or events etc. Just statuses as a single wordpress post.
- The post will then have the post format “status” or “aside” added to it and a specific category and perhaps some default tags.
- The post will NOT be publicized with the Jetpack module or sent to any social network with any other plugin. It shall only be published on my blog as a normal blog post.
- I want WordPress to check for new posts and perform the same action at least once per hour and if it finds a status update from Facebook, it will create a new post.
- I’d like this to be handled via json if possible unless there’s a better way.
So far I’ve found absolutely no solution to this and all plugins that basically can do this either only offer shortcodes for the whole fb feed or it costs a fortune and I don’t wanna spend that much money on this.
Please, help me out with a thourough description of how a basic plugin with this can be made. I have no idea where to start.
- The topic ‘Need help with creating a plugin that import facebook status to wordpress’ is closed to new replies.